Friday, January 6, 2012

Blog - a - holic

My name is Brianna, and I am a blog-a-holic. Honestly, I've started quite a few blogs over the years, and they have really never gotten anywhere. My husband and I have decided that we are going to buckle down and lose some weight. This is quite difficult for me. Growing up, I never watched what I ate, I was never pushed into sports, or other active activities (I was on the Brain Bowl team, and other such geeky activities).
I moved away to college, got married, and put on more weight than I am comfortable with.
I figured what better way to keep me on my toes than by letting the world in on my success.
My biggest plan is to learn more about what I'm eating. To make dishes that are balanced, to cook most of the things that we eat instead of going out to dinner (this will help our wallets too!)

Then, I need to work on the exercise. I know its the best way to lose weight, but when you are over weight, its a lot harder than it seems. I feel like I get tired a lot quicker than I should when I set out to do any sort of exercise at all.

I've heard of the couch potato to 5k plan, but I'm not much of a runner or walker, so I'll have to see what other options I have. Wii fit might be an option, but I'd like to see what ideas other people have.

To anyone reading that's planning on losing some weight too, good luck to you! May this blog not only inspire you, but help you along the way too.

So for now, I'll see you next week with my first public weigh in!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking and jogging (running is too srs) is popular because it's something most people can easily fit into their schedule. 15 minute break at work? Walk around the block for 10. Mission Exercise: Success.

    In reality, any activity that gets you into your target heart rate will work. I am not convinced of Wii Fit's ability to help with that... the bottom line will be how much effort you put into your exercise of choice, not what that exercise is.

    If I can be of assistance in any way - I'm there!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete