Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 3 Includes Cake!

I am not the sort of person who has sweet cravings all the time, In fact, for me it's very rare. Last weekend though, as I was making dinner, I decided that I was going to make a cake too. After all of the holiday baking, there are tons of baking ingredients in our house, and if I am ever in the mood to bake things, It's usually doable without making a trip to the grocery store.

I used to get these emails with "healthified" recipes. Basically, they use more of the 'Low calorie, Low fat, ect' ingredients to make a meal that tastes just as good as the ones you're used to making. This gave me the idea to look up a "healthified" chocolate cake, and to my amazement, I found one!

Here's a link to the Cake Recipe, courtesy of EatingWell.com One Bowl Chocolate Cake



If I make this cake again, I'll probably attempt some other substitutions, like using Applesauce instead of Oil (I always forget about that when baking cakes). It turned out to be really  good, and while it wasn't a cake like I was used to eating (there wasn't any frosting, just powdered sugar), everyone in the house seemed to like it, and at only 139 calories a slice, it comes in under *one* snickerdoodle cookie that I picked up later in the week.

After all the sweets I had this week (cake, cookies, and some Dutch Apple Bread that I made later in the week) my Weight loss for the week was still 2.5lbs, putting me at a total of 5 lbs gone!

Heres to next week, and hopefully finding some exercise in me! I'm starting back up work, and packing up the house for an eventual move, but I should be able to squeeze some time for exercise in there somehow!







1 comment:

  1. Much luck Breezy. I know the struggle and I am cheering you on =)

    ReplyDelete